7 step guide to Hosting a Town Hall or Community Meeting in your area.
- Determine Date. Select at least 2 potential meeting dates two-three weeks out.
- Schedule a speaker. Contact ALFRA at firstname.lastname@example.org indicating you’re interested in requesting an ALFRA representative to speak at a town meeting in your area with the potential meeting location.
- Reserve a Meeting Space. Reserve a meeting room or facility that will accommodate 15-50 people.
- Serve as the meeting coordinator.
- Identify Needed Volunteers. Coordinate a volunteer to manage the informational table which include greeting and sign in individuals
- Print and Post Meeting Announcement Flyers. ALFRA will create a flyer so you can distribute in your area and surrounding areas, such as newspaper websites, radio stations, information boards at restaurants, barber shops, salons, coffee shops, courthouses, elected officials…
- Send Invitations. Create a Facebook event page and invite others using the created flyer as the event photo.